Answer one of the following questions:
— “It cost so much to found the Roman nation” (Aeneid 1.33). What, according to Vergil’s epic, are the costs of empire?
— Discuss the depiction of power and tyranny in Seneca’s Thyestes.
— Discuss the significance of the father in Vergil’s Aeneid and Seneca’s Thyestes.
- Your second paper is due 10th Dec.
- This paper must be 5-7 pages in length and will make up 20% of your grade.
- Format all papers double-spaced with Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1” margins at top and bottom, 1” margins on sides.
- Papers must be printed and handed in (not emailed) on the stated date to your Teaching Fellow at the beginning of the lecture.
- All papers MUST include references to primary sources discussed in this course (in lecture and/or in section).